- LE FORUM DONT TU ES LE HEROS -

QG de sa grand-mère la chouette croisée son grand-père l'hippocampe. Repaire qui gère sa fougère. Sanctuaire du mitigé cochon-d'inde.
Espace d'entraide, communauté ouverte et soudée, lieu de discussions en tous genres.

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -45%
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre ...
Voir le deal
339 €

Let's speak english !

+7
Jag
-Hamster-
Kid.
Super Poulet
FeuilleDeMetal
Momo17
Cydonia
11 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Let's speak english ! - Page 3 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 17:28

Cydonia a écrit:

Ok thanks. Sorry for not being stayed, but there was very few people and I wasn't at ease. I prefer when there is a lot of members, it's less stressful.

Sometimes it is easier to talk with less people around. With a lot of people, for me it's harder to speak in a group when I'm going out with friends. I am more talkative with less people.

At the first time, I opened this channel to help shy people by training them to talk to people they don't really know well. Members are actually only people from this forum so they are your friend and nobody will take any judgement about you.
Like an famous advert said: "Come like you are!"
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 19:06

For me, it's almost the contrary. And I'm aware that people's judgment don't matter, but I'm unable of not putting pressure on myself.
That's a foolish thing, I know. But I think I'm not the only one on this forum to have that problem.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 22:15

an english topic.
never thought, that in here there would be one.
well fits much better to my swiss keyboard and my brains, since i'm more into this language.
but french is ok for me too.
so ppl, whasup around here?
i'm at the moment kinda trapped in a chitchat with a handsome but somehow false girl.
she's gorgeous, but my instincts and my nose r telling me that there's something fishy about it.
and usually they're never wrong. especially not at such an intensity
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 11 Mai 2013 - 0:09

Cydonia a écrit:
Have you worked a lot in being alone ?
I understand your point of view, but I think I would feel a bit lonely, after a while. Nobody with whom sharing your discoveries, spend the evenings alone...
But I'll try once, maybe.
You should try Smile nice
Worked just a little. I have been in the US by myself when I was 21 for a compulsory internship of three months. When staying there, I was not completely alone because I stayed at my great aunt's house. But it was like a bounce to the unknown because before this stay, I did not meet her too much : I learnt to know her, and her children I had never met. I did not spend a lot of evenings alone, but it was great to get known each other.
Moreover, it was the first time i had to work for a real job, and being immersed in a foreign language, a different life style, differents people, an unexpected work (and so on), was a also great experience. I could also notice that american people are generally far more pleasant than french ones : for example, would you expect to give a call from the main office of a major airport in France ? That is what I did, easily, almost without shyness because I felt at ease with them, I felt these people would not reject me.
This airport experience was nice even if I was stranded for a while in here because of a technical issue in the plane I had to take.
And when you tell them you are from Paris, people usually really enjoy that a french guy visits their countryside. They told me I speak "a good english, with a delightful parisian accent" ( here, I did not know what to say lapin ninja , and well I do not even kwow how a parisian accent is supposed to sound like ).
At moments, I did miss my parents and close family in France.
Today, in my everyday work. I just speak about technical stuff, it is not very interesting, expect when I have to give calls, and not only writing documentation or instructions. Apart from this, I guess a pretty good student from high school, could communicate the way I do just by learning around fifty words, and repeating almost the same things from a day to another one. It is a pity because I had to learn pretty difficult stuff in english I have now forgotten by not using them : useless.
Next week, I am going to go for a little trip alone (just for vacation lapin content ), I hope I will be able to talk to some strangers (a little challenge ^^). Overall, I am sure I will find many interesting things to do by myself. And, when going back, I will share this with some other people, by taking plenty of pictures ... I think I will have many more things to tell after the trip than during this one.
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 11 Mai 2013 - 11:31

Veniks a écrit:
an english topic.
never thought, that in here there would be one.
well fits much better to my swiss keyboard and my brains, since i'm more into this language.
but french is ok for me too.
so ppl, whasup around here?
i'm at the moment kinda trapped in a chitchat with a handsome but somehow false girl.
she's gorgeous, but my instincts and my nose r telling me that there's something fishy about it.
and usually they're never wrong. especially not at such an intensity

Hi Veniks !
How did your story end up finally ? I've already watched on TV a report about organizations which tried to extract money by hiring beautiful women who should get in touch with some guys. Was it that ?
Otherwise, I've always wondered why you've gone on Docti ? You seem neither shy or complexed..
I feel rather well today, and you ?

Nerevarine a écrit:

You should try Smile nice
Worked just a little. I have been in the US by myself when I was 21 for a compulsory internship of three months. When staying there, I was not completely alone because I stayed at my great aunt's house. But it was like a bounce to the unknown because before this stay, I did not meet her too much : I learnt to know her, and her children I had never met. I did not spend a lot of evenings alone, but it was great to get known each other.
Moreover, it was the first time i had to work for a real job, and being immersed in a foreign language, a different life style, differents people, an unexpected work (and so on), was a also great experience. I could also notice that american people are generally far more pleasant than french ones : for example, would you expect to give a call from the main office of a major airport in France ? That is what I did, easily, almost without shyness because I felt at ease with them, I felt these people would not reject me.
This airport experience was nice even if I was stranded for a while in here because of a technical issue in the plane I had to take.
And when you tell them you are from Paris, people usually really enjoy that a french guy visits their countryside. They told me I speak "a good english, with a delightful parisian accent" ( here, I did not know what to say lapin ninja , and well I do not even kwow how a parisian accent is supposed to sound like ).
At moments, I did miss my parents and close family in France.
Today, in my everyday work. I just speak about technical stuff, it is not very interesting, expect when I have to give calls, and not only writing documentation or instructions. Apart from this, I guess a pretty good student from high school, could communicate the way I do just by learning around fifty words, and repeating almost the same things from a day to another one. It is a pity because I had to learn pretty difficult stuff in english I have now forgotten by not using them : useless.
Next week, I am going to go for a little trip alone (just for vacation lapin content ), I hope I will be able to talk to some strangers (a little challenge ^^). Overall, I am sure I will find many interesting things to do by myself. And, when going back, I will share this with some other people, by taking plenty of pictures ... I think I will have many more things to tell after the trip than during this one.

Ok, but your travel in the US was for your studies, which is quite different than travelling alone for his vacation. Me too, I would have loved go abroad during my studies, in Erasmus, as I've said yet.
In any case, I'm sure that it has been a great experience for you, and I've ever heard that american people are warmer thant french, who are more cold.
And when have you planned to go next week ? Abroad or in France ? You will tell us how it will have been Smile
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 11 Mai 2013 - 12:42

Of course, it was for my studies. But It let me contemplate the fact I can travel without the help of anyone else, and I can enjoy that. If you had been abroad by yourself for your studies, I guess you would not hesitate to travel alone today Wink
Next week, I am going to Normandy not so far away from a familiar place but in a different place. I will try to tell something about it.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 11 Mai 2013 - 18:04

studies or not. you had an experience, i'm sure u do not regret. ups sorry, im already that much into english that instead of you, i say u, it's faster and it's spoken with the same sound. nevermind.
Smile i've read a bit about ur trip at the states. Smile i can understand u fully, feeling at first lost, then great when ur used to be in a foreign place. it's absolutely normal. i had a kinda similar experience, when i was in Minsk. luckily i had friends there which took care of helping me with the papers and so on, cause the authorities there aren't that easy to let foreigners in, but not that harsh either.
i needed 2 days to know how to read cyrillic letters and with time i understood half of what they were talking. it's a beautiful language russian, and they were very generous when they see foreigners trying to adapt themselves to them.
and ur parisian accent, well, that makes you kinda exotic to them, and exotic people r liked everywhere, especially when they adapt themselves very good or they're new. Smile

to you Cydonia, thanks for the tipp. sofar, nothing changed yet, i keep chitchatting, but i'm on my guard. and i won't be telling to much.
to ur question why i went to docti. well i went because of a good friend i knew in real before i went to docti.
there was a time i was complexed and shy, but i learned to break it.
i went to other forums where people r much more openminded and learned from them, that no matter how others see me, i am who i am. no one can change it, but me. and also, i might not be pleasing everyone, but i'm more liked than disliked by others.
so i realised, i don't have to be shy. i only need to have a basic self-confidence which can't be shaken.
and when others laugh about u, who cares. take it with style, don't show a weakspot. make them laugh, so they know or think, ur a good comedian, then they will love u for it. but know the difference between a comedian and a fool. be careful with that one.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 11 Mai 2013 - 20:19

Well, do not worry for the "U", even if I tend to prefer to spell words exactly (except when I make mistakes ^^).
You could read cyrillic letters in two days only ? I guess it is due to your parctice of different languages since you are young. Were you perceived as someone exotic too in Minsk ? Don't you have any story to tell ? Smile
You are right, I tend to adapt pretty well to new environnements except if I fell something wrong or ask me too many questions.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 11 Mai 2013 - 22:18

well not a big story to tell. but i can tell u. most ppl here don't have an idea of the beauty from the eastern corner. it was a voyage and a trip worth it.
spent 2 weeks there. Smile i even saw Alexander Lukachenko in person, right in front of me. Smile
i was at an old war-cemetry with lots of used and damaged tanks, i was at an abandoned airport museum with lots of planes and gunships. and historical places like the island of tears, i also saw a real russian ballet, they played the swan-lake. it was amazing. Smile
but my favourite moments were when the friends i have there visited their families. they might live in poor places, but they get so well together, no fighting, just living together and they were very welcoming and the children were very playful. Smile
and off course, if u go around alot and u hear nothing but russian and concentrate, then u learn much faster. Smile i so wish, i could talk more in russian than privjet, strastwutje, kak dela, eta gawarit Venikx, moshna pa gawarit adi sladkaya gaspasha, ja tibje ljubluju, u tibja krassivi glasa.... and so on... i speak already quite somethings, but i wouldnt mind speaking more than that.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 17 Mai 2013 - 14:57

I've just spent six days in hospital, and on the TV I rented, there was the BBC World News. rougironion
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 17 Mai 2013 - 15:20

Oh Nainvité, why have you been in Hospitla ? What happened to you ?
I had BBC news and some other english channels for some months with my internet box, but we don't have them any more. However, I never used to watch this channel, I was too busy for this. That's a shame, because now I have a lot of free-time and I could watch the bbc to pass it.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 17 Mai 2013 - 15:30

It was just an appendicitis, painful but not serious. If you wish, you can listen to the BBC online : http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 17 Mai 2013 - 15:56

An appendicittis ? At your age ? I thought that only children suffers from this disease, but apparently it's not.

Thanks for the link. I'll listen to this later, now I think I'll turn the computer off.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 17 Mai 2013 - 16:53

It's generally a children's disease, but adults can have it too. Diseases don't ask for your birth date. greenface
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 17 Mai 2013 - 20:34

Nainvité a écrit:
It's generally a children's disease, but adults can have it too. Diseases don't ask for your birth date. greenface
Yes, sure ^^, but there might be some deseases that only children are able to suffer from, and I thought appenditisis was one of them.

In any case, you must be happy : you are ordered to eat a lot of ice creams Annif .

(Ah, and you're welcome if you want to correct my mistakes. )
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyVen 17 Mai 2013 - 20:51

Oh, and by the way, was your hospitalisation scheduled or did you have any "crisis" which led you to the emergencies ?
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 18 Mai 2013 - 0:57

Cydonia a écrit:
Have you worked a lot in being alone ?
I understand your point of view, but I think I would feel a bit lonely, after a while. Nobody with whom sharing your discoveries, spend the evenings alone...
But I'll try once, maybe.

The lucky ones are Ayanne, Takamine, Benz and Arcadia.
They've planned to go in Roses, which is not so far from Figueres.

I dream to travel alone but not have yet the courage to do it...

Yes but they are going only for a few days right...? Personaly I don't think it's interesting to travel less than 1 week in a other country because we don't have time to see a lot of things... blasé
http://www.senscritique.com/angel25
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 18 Mai 2013 - 6:45

Cydonia a écrit:
Oh, and by the way, was your hospitalisation scheduled or did you have any "crisis" which led you to the emergencies ?
We were driving to the swimming pool when it began, but the real pain started in the pool. Too bad, I was more than 300 kilometres away from home. greenface
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 18 Mai 2013 - 11:14

Jag a écrit:

I dream to travel alone but not have yet the courage to do it...

Yes but they are going only for a few days right...? Personaly I don't think it's interesting to travel less than 1 week in a other country because we don't have time to see a lot of things... blasé

Would you prefer travelling alone or with some people ?
For the last of a trip, I share your point of view. It's much more interesting to stay a couple of weeks to have time to discover an area and to get more and more used to the customs of a country.
But unfortunately we don't have as much time (and money) as we would like. And even, there are so much places to discover..
Finally, we have to choose between staying a long time in a place but discover few countries, and staying only a couple of days in a place but discover more countries. Tough choice..

Nainvité a écrit:

We were driving to the swimming pool when it began, but the real pain started in the pool. Too bad, I was more than 300 kilometres away from home.
Ouch, that's not the best place to start having a desease. Were you in holidays ?
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptySam 18 Mai 2013 - 13:45

Cydonia a écrit:

Would you prefer travelling alone or with some people ?
For the last of a trip, I share your point of view. It's much more interesting to stay a couple of weeks to have time to discover an area and to get more and more used to the customs of a country.
But unfortunately we don't have as much time (and money) as we would like. And even, there are so much places to discover..
Finally, we have to choose between staying a long time in a place but discover few countries, and staying only a couple of days in a place but discover more countries. Tough choice..

I think both are very interesting, depends of the destination and the people we are travelling with.
But too much people is more an inconvenient I think, if I travel with people it's would be with one or 2, not more because after it's hard to make things that everyone can agreed on Tourne
When you are alone it's when you have the most freedom, you can do whatever you want and I think it's also more easy for meet other people, you are more open on the world and others than if you was with friends.

I think the hardest thing to get is time for travel because money, expect a few country is not the thing the most important for travel, we can now travel for very cheap and it's cost less to stay a long time than only a few days ^^
Off course that depends also of the country, some are very expensive when others are very cheap and you can live with almost nothing si you can adapt yourself.
http://www.senscritique.com/angel25
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyLun 20 Mai 2013 - 14:40

Teacher: What comes after 69?
Student: Mouthwash
Teacher: Get out!
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyDim 2 Juin 2013 - 14:01

So, finally how was your trip SuperPoulet ? Was the camping fun ?
You're planning another one with your friends, isn't it ?
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyDim 2 Juin 2013 - 17:50

Cydonia a écrit:
So, finally how was your trip SuperPoulet ? Was the camping fun ?
You're planning another one with your friends, isn't it ?

I didn't do any trip for the moment. I'm kinda busy with my finals. Sweat

It's for september. I've got plenty of time left. Smile nice
We are going to walk for 6 days straight and sleep in tents.
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyDim 2 Juin 2013 - 18:35

Oh ok, I thought you've already taken your trip..
In any event, that sounds great. I'd love to experience that kind of journey, even tough I think I'd miss my bed after a while.

And next year, you plan to keep studying ? Or you fancy entering the working life ?
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyDim 2 Juin 2013 - 22:33

Well, I'm a little bit worried, I've got some back pain and 6 days in a tent may be too harmful... wait & see.

Next year is my finale one. I will have 2 big internships.

Is your ankle ok, now? Are you going through some reeducation?
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyLun 3 Juin 2013 - 0:06

You'll see, it's in a couple of months, you have time to recover from your pain.
And where would you like to work ? Do your studies lead to a laborantin job ?
My ankle is fine, thanks. I am able to walk, but the most of time I lean on my crutches. Anyway, it's better than expected. After reading testimonies on Internet, I was afraid of not being able to walk at once, but finally I could. Internet testimonies are evil anyway.
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyLun 3 Juin 2013 - 0:22

Cydonia a écrit:
You'll see, it's in a couple of months, you have time to recover from your pain.
And where would you like to work ? Do your studies lead to a laborantin job ?
My ankle is fine, thanks. I am able to walk, but the most of time I lean on my crutches. Anyway, it's better than expected. After reading testimonies on Internet, I was afraid of not being able to walk at once, but finally I could. Internet testimonies are evil anyway.

Sadly, it's chronic. That pain is due to a ski fall.
Yeah, I would like to work in a genetic lab as a laborantin. Hope I'll doing well on my finals.

Internet is not a fine place for diagnostic. Every syndrom is dramatized. Nice that you're doing well. Back to bicycle, then?
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyLun 3 Juin 2013 - 13:32

Oh boy blasé. And did you break yourselfs omething ?

I've just tried to ride with my cycle a few hours ago, and I think I'll wait a bit before riding again. Actually, I fell down every time I wanted to stop, because I was not able to lean myself on my right leg (the broken one) to stop...
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyLun 3 Juin 2013 - 16:02

Cydonia a écrit:

I've just tried to ride with my cycle a few hours ago, and I think I'll wait a bit before riding again. Actually, I fell down every time I wanted to stop, because I was not able to lean myself on my right leg (the broken one) to stop...

Not literally broken, but the lower part of my spin is compressed.

Fall down every stop... If you have no brakes it's a good way to stop, not the best but if it works ... siffle

I've recently subscribe to a lot of english youtube channels.
Do you learn other languages among english?
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyLun 3 Juin 2013 - 17:06

Super Poulet a écrit:
Cydonia a écrit:

Not literally broken, but the lower part of my spin is compressed.

Fall down every stop... If you have no brakes it's a good way to stop, not the best but if it works ... siffle

I've recently subscribe to a lot of english youtube channels.
Do you learn other languages among english?

Ouch, and now your pain is chronic blasé ? Bad luck.

Of course my cycle has brakes greenface. It'd be dangerous if don't have any. Actually, it's after breaking, when I have to put my foot on the ground that I have a problem..

Yes, you've already told me for the subscribings.. You're able to catch everything when english people speak ? Me not. Listening english is one of my weaknessess (with the speaking english).
I started learning german last year, but I gave up to focus on improving my english.
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 EmptyLun 3 Juin 2013 - 18:19

It really depends of who's speaking and about what. My weakness is most when I have to go from French to English. I don't really know how I can exercice in this way. I don't have much opportunities to speak english. And when I wrote, it's usually non-complex sentences. (With a lot of grammatical errors, I think ^^)
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 3 Empty

Let's speak english !
Page 3 sur 8Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant