- LE FORUM DONT TU ES LE HEROS -

QG de sa grand-mère la chouette croisée son grand-père l'hippocampe. Repaire qui gère sa fougère. Sanctuaire du mitigé cochon-d'inde.
Espace d'entraide, communauté ouverte et soudée, lieu de discussions en tous genres.

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -45%
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre ...
Voir le deal
339 €

Let's speak english !

+7
Jag
-Hamster-
Kid.
Super Poulet
FeuilleDeMetal
Momo17
Cydonia
11 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Cydonia
Membre

Let's speak english ! - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 10:42

Nainvité a écrit:

Four years and a half in a dark and dirty university, in the middle of a no man's land... but the diploma I eventually got is worth nothing. pense
At least, you may be a culturate people. It's a pity that graduate students from litterature are not valorised at all. Even if your studies are not directely bount to the compagnies, you may have some strenghts that other graduates in management/engeenering don't have. I have heard that was a little bit different in english-speaking countries and that graduate students from litterature may easier find a job.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 13:49

I have improved my english while playing on video games when I was young.

What about you? Let's speak english ! - Page 2 2554839287
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 14:20

Cydonia a écrit:
Nainvité a écrit:

Four years and a half in a dark and dirty university, in the middle of a no man's land... but the diploma I eventually got is worth nothing. pense
At least, you may be a culturate people. It's a pity that graduate students from litterature are not valorised at all. Even if your studies are not directely bount to the compagnies, you may have some strenghts that other graduates in management/engeenering don't have. I have heard that was a little bit different in english-speaking countries and that graduate students from litterature may easier find a job.
In fact, my education was half business-oriented, we translated a lot, but we very quickly stopped litterature and eventually translated excerpts from business magazines or newspapers only. We also studied law and economics, but at low level. even though guys in business schools knew less in English than the best of us, the rest of their education was far more interesting for companies.
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 14:25

Mika a écrit:

What about you? Let's speak english ! - Page 2 2554839287

Very true =).
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 18:58

Watching TV series with english subtitles is very useful to me Smile

And by reading lyrics of english songs I like I can improve my english too!
Like you said Lemont, we learned better by starting with what we like.
(I can't speak dutch, even tough I was being teached it for 10 years)

This sentence seems very weird. Mind to correct me? Sweat

Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 18:59

Nainvité a écrit:

In fact, my education was half business-oriented, we translated a lot, but we very quickly stopped litterature and eventually translated excerpts from business magazines or newspapers only. We also studied law and economics, but at low level. even though guys in business schools knew less in English than the best of us, the rest of their education was far more interesting for companies.
You were in LEA, weren't you ? What you describe match with what I know about this section..

Mika a écrit:

What about you?
Oh really ? After all, all the ways are well to improve his english. What do you do in life ? I don't even know. Are you an informatician, like a lot of us ?
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 19:06

Cydonia a écrit:
Nainvité a écrit:

You were in LEA, weren't you ? What you describe match with what I know about this section..
Jap

The biggest University swindle. Annif
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 19:08

Cydonia a écrit:

Oh really ? After all, all the ways are well to improve his english. What do you do in life ? I don't even know. Are you an informatician, like a lot of us ?

At the start, it was I played on adventure games in english. I had to read the story and the dialog to finish the game.
Later I played on online games and I had to discuss with people from all over the world.

But SuperChicken is right, learning with subtitled movies is good too.

About my job, yes you're right. Let's speak english ! - Page 2 1050721144
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 19:11

Super Poulet a écrit:

I'm used to watch tv series in ov sometimes (tbbt, himym..), but I don't have the impression that it helps me a lot.
I don't dare to correct your sentence. My knowledge aren't sufficiant to say if your sentence is correct or not. It's still too complicated for me.
For the german, I'm sure you're able to speak at least a little. Even me, who knows very few about this language (I didn't study that language at school), I have succeed to speak two or three sentences when I was in Germany. Oh, it was very simple sentences but I was even proud that people could understand me.
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 19:17

Cydonia a écrit:
Super Poulet a écrit:

I'm used to watch tv series in ov sometimes (tbbt, himym..), but I don't have the impression that it helps me a lot.
I don't dare to correct your sentence. My knowledge aren't sufficiant to say if your sentence is correct or not. It's still too complicated for me.
For the german, I'm sure you're able to speak at least a little. Even me, who knows very few about this language (I didn't study that language at school), I have succeed to speak two or three sentences when I was in Germany. Oh, it was very simple sentences but I was even proud that people could understand me.

Dutch is not german. Dutch is spoken in Holland Wink
I can say few things but that's pretty lame siffle
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 19:21

Super Poulet a écrit:
Cydonia a écrit:
Super Poulet a écrit:

Dutch is not german. Dutch is spoken in Holland Wink
I can say few things but that's pretty lame siffle
Spreek met ons mee... siffle
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 19:32

Nainvité a écrit:

The biggest University swindle.  Annif
Oh really ? You know at first I thought you were in a more litterate section.
It's strange that you haven't been able to find a work with such a diploma. I thought you could more or less easily get a job because students from this section have "double-skilled", which is interesting for the companies.

SP a écrit:

Dutch is not german. Dutch is spoken in Holland
I can say few things but that's pretty lame .
Oh ok sorry, I've been mistaken  Sweat . But Duth is more or less close to German, right ?
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 19:36

Cydonia a écrit:
Nainvité a écrit:

It's strange that you haven't been able to find a work with such a diploma. I thought you could more or less easily get a job because students from this section have "double-skilled", which is interesting for the companies.
Guys in business schools generally don't know as much about English as the best students in LEA, but they know far more about business, and that's what companies want.
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 19:55

Cydonia a écrit:
Cydonia a écrit:
Nainvité a écrit:

SP a écrit:

Dutch is not german. Dutch is spoken in Holland
I can say few things but that's pretty lame .
Oh ok sorry, I've been mistaken Sweat . But Duth is more or less close to German, right ?

As close as french and Italian. They share the same origins.

Citation :
Spreek met ons mee...
Het spijt me maar het title is niet "Spreek dutch" greenface
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyJeu 9 Mai 2013 - 11:40

Today, some of us have left to a trip in Spain, near the Costa Brava.
How lucky they are. I would have been with them if I didn't break my ankle blasé .
Have a nice trip guys.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyJeu 9 Mai 2013 - 21:28

Oh you were supposed to be one of them? That's sad. Let's speak english ! - Page 2 872680082
Kid.
Membre
Kid.

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyJeu 9 Mai 2013 - 22:32

(Grâce à ce topic, on voit facilement ceux qui parlent pas un foutu mot d'anglais sur ce forum).
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyJeu 9 Mai 2013 - 22:59

Kid. a écrit:
Oh you were supposed to be one of them? That's sad.  
Yes, it will be for another time... With Ayanne maybe, she is always up to go for a trip. In fact, I would like to plan it for a couple of days during the month of June. I hope it will be done.

Kid. a écrit:
(Grâce à ce topic, on voit facilement ceux qui parlent pas un foutu mot d'anglais sur ce forum).
Or these people may be too shy to post.. Otherwise, they may not feel like to speak english.
Try ! I'm sure you are able to speak English. Myselft, I know that I make a lot of mistakes but it doesn't prevent me from writing in this topic.

Mika, I've seen that you've created a kind of private chat. How is it works ? Is it always available or only when you allow it to be opened ? I don't know the adress, could you give it to me please ? Here or in private, as you want..

And while we are talking about trips, have you travelled a lot Mika ?
-Hamster-
Membre
-Hamster-

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyJeu 9 Mai 2013 - 23:25

Kid. a écrit:

lolilol Yeah

It's hard for me to follow french topics so an english topic... siffle
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyJeu 9 Mai 2013 - 23:29

Cydonia a écrit:
Mika, I've seen that you've created a kind of private chat. How is it works ? Is it always available or only when you allow it to be opened ? I don't know the adress, could you give it to me please ? Here or in private, as you want..

You can join us for testing. I have sent you the link by PM. If someone else needs it, PM me. Let's speak english ! - Page 2 1050721144

No I have not travelled a lot. Only for work mostly. Let's speak english ! - Page 2 2558528872
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyJeu 9 Mai 2013 - 23:46

Mika a écrit:
Cydonia a écrit:

You can join us for testing. I have sent you the link by PM. If someone else needs it, PM me. Let's speak english ! - Page 2 1050721144

No I have not travelled a lot. Only for work mostly. Let's speak english ! - Page 2 2558528872

Ok thanks. Sorry for not being stayed, but there was very few people and I wasn't at ease. I prefer when there is a lot of members, it's less stressful.

You may not like traval, may you ?
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyJeu 9 Mai 2013 - 23:50

I dont like to travel alone or if I'm not invited (I'm a kind of vampire).
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyJeu 9 Mai 2013 - 23:59

It's understable. I don't like travelling alone either. But I think that's due a little to the others' sight that we are afraid of. But sure, it's more funny to discover a new town with people we know.

I have to go. I think I'm going to lay down on my bed.
Bye.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 0:01

Good night! Let's speak english ! - Page 2 1663624688
-Hamster-
Membre
-Hamster-

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 0:01

Good night

(easy Lapin cigare )
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 8:45

-Hamster- a écrit:
Good night

(easy Lapin cigare )

Encourager

Hey everyone. I would like to know, do you follow any english podcaster? Or any english emission? Smile nice
Myself I follow some youtubers (smosh, ray william johnson, freddiew, tomska,...). Do you those guys? Smile
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 10:53

Hi Superchicken !

No I don't follow any english emission, but I should do it.
I'm going to see on Youtube some youtoubers you've mentionned.

edit : Finally, I know one of them ! Smosh. He has made some of videos about Pokemon, hasn't he ?

(Go back to your lessons !)
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 11:21

Mika a écrit:
I dont like to travel alone or if I'm not invited (I'm a kind of vampire).
Cydonia a écrit:
It's understable. I don't like travelling alone either. But I think that's due a little to the others' sight that we are afraid of. But sure, it's more funny to discover a new town with people we know.
Well, to my mind, travelling alone is not a big deal, I am free to go where I want, to do what I want, when I want. I am always a little afraid to feel too lonely but It has never happened yet.
When travelling with other people, I enjoy to make them discover places they do not know yet, or to guide them.
I hope the lucky ones traveling to Costa Brava in Spain are going to visit Figueres and Cadaques.
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 12:38

Cydonia a écrit:
Hi Superchicken !

No I don't follow any english emission, but I should do it.
I'm going to see on Youtube some youtoubers you've mentionned.

edit : Finally, I know one of them ! Smosh. He has made some of videos about Pokemon, hasn't he ?

(Go back to your lessons !)

Yes, Smosh are two guys and they did some videos on pokemon theme Jap
The jokes are quite immature but usually it's fun siffle

(I'm on a break Razz )

Who is gone to Costa Brava btw ? pense

Dernière édition par Super Poulet le Ven 10 Mai 2013 - 15:01, édité 1 fois
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 17:28

Have you worked a lot in being alone ?
I understand your point of view, but I think I would feel a bit lonely, after a while. Nobody with whom sharing your discoveries, spend the evenings alone...
But I'll try once, maybe.

The lucky ones are Ayanne, Takamine, Benz and Arcadia.
They've planned to go in Roses, which is not so far from Figueres.

Dernière édition par Cydonia le Ven 10 Mai 2013 - 21:02, édité 1 fois
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 EmptyVen 10 Mai 2013 - 17:28

Cydonia a écrit:

Ok thanks. Sorry for not being stayed, but there was very few people and I wasn't at ease. I prefer when there is a lot of members, it's less stressful.

Sometimes it is easier to talk with less people around. With a lot of people, for me it's harder to speak in a group when I'm going out with friends. I am more talkative with less people.

At the first time, I opened this channel to help shy people by training them to talk to people they don't really know well. Members are actually only people from this forum so they are your friend and nobody will take any judgement about you.
Like an famous advert said: "Come like you are!"
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 2 Empty

Let's speak english !
Page 2 sur 8Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant