- LE FORUM DONT TU ES LE HEROS -

QG de sa grand-mère la chouette croisée son grand-père l'hippocampe. Repaire qui gère sa fougère. Sanctuaire du mitigé cochon-d'inde.
Espace d'entraide, communauté ouverte et soudée, lieu de discussions en tous genres.

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -46%
Oceanic OCEAB120W Batteur électrique – ...
Voir le deal
7.51 €

Let's speak english !

+7
Jag
-Hamster-
Kid.
Super Poulet
FeuilleDeMetal
Momo17
Cydonia
11 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Asczdv
Membre

Let's speak english ! - Page 6 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 18:44

Smatt14 a écrit:
Oh Asc, I'm sorry too for my misunderstanding. It would have been funny, just because it was from Little Sunshade.

Jag, not "tipping" but "typing" Razz Maybe you should rest a little ?

Let's put that behind us siffle

But let her tip us if she wants to greenface Jag you can tip me, full American style, 20-30 % !

Anyway, would it be a good idea to start a real debate or conversation here ? I don't mean that what we're doing here isn't a discussion, it just isn't deep and we don't talk about serious subjects.
I guess it would be better to begin with something related to english or to foreign langages in general ?

I personnally enjoy talking in english about pretty much anything, that's why I'm into that idea. Are you ?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Asczdv
Membre
Asczdv

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 18:46

Jag a écrit:
I trusted my google bar when I checked the world x)

Your keyboard seems to be broken siffle

"word" Smile
word = mot
world = monde

I don't think you can check the world on google... maybe with google maps in a way ?

Don't feel bad, we are constantly learning too Smile at least I am.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 18:52

Jag, NEVER ever trust Google Translate.
Asczdv
Membre
Asczdv

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 18:54

I believe she just searched for "world" in google to see if the word was correctly spelled. Unfortunatly she didn't check the definition to double check that it was the right word. At least it's what I make of what she said and typed.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 18:58

I actually believe she was searching for the english word for "taper au clavier", and she just ended up typing here "world" when she wanted to explain to us she made a spelling mistake.
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:00

Smatt14 a écrit:
Jag, NEVER ever trust Google Translate.

Asczdv a écrit:
I believe she just searched for "world" in google to see if the word was correctly spelled. Unfortunatly she didn't check the definition to double check that it was the right word. At least it's what I make of what she said and typed.

Yes that's it, in my head I can trust a sentence if she is "proposed" by google, I hesitated, wondering if "typing" was good or if it was "tipping" so I starded to write "tipping error" and the world was complete so I figure that was good
http://www.senscritique.com/angel25
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:02

Asczdv a écrit:
Jag a écrit:
I trusted my google bar when I checked the world x)

Your keyboard seems to be broken siffle

"word" Smile
word = mot
world = monde

I don't think you can check the world on google... maybe with google maps in a way ?

Don't feel bad, we are constantly learning too :)at least I am.

I know the "word" actually but I never write in english so I use bad the computer greenface And I never read myself before sending.
Asczdv
Membre
Asczdv

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:15

Jag a écrit:
Yes that's it, in my head I can trust a sentence if she is "proposed" by google, I hesitated, wondering if "typing" was good or if it was "tipping" so I starded to write "tipping error" and the world was complete so I figure that was good

I hope you won't take personnally the fact that we are pointing your mistakes and correcting them : I am not perfect, I make mistakes too and I just want to help you.
I insist on that because :
- "she" is used for people, and in some cases it is used when you anthropomorphize something (an animal, an object) but it reflects some kind of connexion and relationship between you and said object/animal.
- as for your "tipping error", you can check on google if you want to (because I don't know all the details) but americans have another philosophy regarding tipping (wich is giving money to a waiter at a restaurant by the way) and foreigner can have difficulties understanding why it is not really accepted to tip nothing, and how much to give. Thus, if you aren't aware of that and you travel in the US, you can have "tipping errors". I think it is for that reason that google suggested that.
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:21

Yes you are right pour the she, I think more in French when I write  sweet 

What do you think of their system for tips, do you prefer the way in France ou the other way?  pense I think that's best to tip what we want, this way if the waiter was bad we can pay less greenface
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:23

You really should read what you typed before clicking on "sending"...
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:28

I don't care.  Creepy Smile Rad 
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:31

As long as we globally understand me, that's enought. greenface
Asczdv
Membre
Asczdv

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:38

Jag a écrit:
Yes you are right pour the she, I think more in French when I write  sweet 

What do you think of their system for tips, do you prefer the way in France ou the other way?  pense I think that's best to tip what we want, this way if the waiter was bad we can pay less greenface

Side note : "pour" is a verb that has nothing to do with the French word "pour"
"to pour" = verser (un liquide)
Generally (but it's not that easy) : for = pour

The thing is : waiters aren't paid by the restaurants, or they are nearly paid anything. In France, our tips are rewards, and not necessary for waiters to make decent money. It is not the case there, so it has become normal to pay between 10 and 20% of the original bill, depending on what you think of the waiter's service. But paying nothing is really rare and if the waiter didn't do anything VERY wrong, you are expected to pay a tip. It is not mandatory but it is part of good manners.

I don't think their system is that great, being a waiter seems to be much harder of a job there than it is here, and it seems to be even less paid. For the customer though, their system has something that our system hasn't : punishing very bad waiters by leaving no tip.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:40

Yeah, that's exactly the same problem in french... Why bother spelling the words correctly as long as we understand "globally" ?

That's what makes me wanna kill people. And, yeah, I'm a Grammar Nazi.

Dernière édition par Smatt14 le Jeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:45, édité 1 fois
Asczdv
Membre
Asczdv

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:45

I agree with you when it concerns French people talking in French. Considering the fact that English is not our native langage, we can be a little more laxist and understanding, don't you think ?
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:49

Non mais vous voyez bien que je bug en écrivant là avec "pour" ou "ou" lolilol
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:51

Have you ever seen up to now a laxist nazi Asc ? Me neither Razz

I don't ask for a perfect english though, but some errors could easily be avoided.

HOW DARE YOU TYPE IN FRENCH IN AN ENGLISH TOPIC YOUNG BEACH SUNSHADE ???!!!   Meurtre Monkey Kill Monkey Fire Poing fouetonion
Asczdv
Membre
Asczdv

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:53

Jag a écrit:
Non mais vous voyez bien que je bug en écrivant là avec "pour" ou "ou" lolilol

I didn't see the "ou" lolilol

Smatt14 a écrit:
HOW DARE YOU TYPE IN FRENCH IN AN ENGLISH TOPIC YOUNG BEACH ** hussy ** SUNSHADE ???!!!   Meurtre Monkey Kill Monkey Fire Poing fouetonion

You see, you make mistakes too lolilol

**Expects rocks to be thrown at him, runs and hides behind our weasel**

Dernière édition par Asczdv le Jeu 5 Juin 2014 - 20:15, édité 2 fois
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:56

I'm on a french forum, I think in French and I don't like lose time to read and correct small errors.  sweet 

For Tips, yes they are paid if they do correctly their jobs, is that not normal?  pense In France if a waiter is uncorrect with me, I don't want to pay him, why sould he be rewaded? Off course that's only work if people are honest but like you said it's in the culture that normal to pay tips so unless the waiter is a dick, he will be paid normally...
Mauvaizherbe
Membre
Mauvaizherbe

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 19:58

Smatt14 a écrit:
Yeah, that's exactly the same problem in french... Why bother spelling the words correctly as long as we understand "globally" ?

So Do I...

But i'll never come back here, just because i can't speak english anymore. I HAYTE EUNEGLISH PIPOLE.

See yaa o/
http://mauvaizherbe.wordpress.com/
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 20:01

Oh yeahhh Jag, you've got so little time to do all the things you have to do every day... Razz

Asc, are you proud of yourself insulting her this way editing my post ?
Do you even realize what you just did ?
Jag
Membre
Jag

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 20:04

Mauvaizherbe a écrit:
Smatt14 a écrit:

So Do I...

But i'll never come back here, just because i can't speak english anymore. I HAYTE EUNEGLISH PIPOLE.

See yaa o/

Why do you hate english people? They are not nazi like Smatt Razz 

Smatt14 a écrit:
Oh yeahhh Jag, you've got so little time to do all the things you have to do every day... Razz

You really are a pain in the ass.  greenface  I do the same when I write in French, it's not like I was impossible to understand  Tourne
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 20:07

It's just even funnier for me being a pain in the ass in english !

Asczdv
Membre
Asczdv

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 20:08

I think it's because the Americans are crazy religious people and the British love tea...

WHY DO YOU HATE TEA MH ?
Asczdv
Membre
Asczdv

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 20:14

Smatt14 a écrit:

I edited my post, but my message becomes less clear, but I understand.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 20:56

Yeah, I understood well what you meant, it's just that it was really rude to her.
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 21:02

Woops, j'avais mal lu  Razz

Dernière édition par Super Poulet le Jeu 5 Juin 2014 - 21:04, édité 1 fois
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 21:03

Edité

Woops, j'avais mal lu  Razz [/quote]

I mean, sorry!
Mauvaizherbe
Membre
Mauvaizherbe

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 21:04

Super Poulet a écrit:
Smatt14 a écrit:
Yeah, I understood well what you meant, it's just that it was really rude to her.

Super Poulet is sooo jealous !!! Krkrkrkkrkrkr
http://mauvaizherbe.wordpress.com/
Asczdv
Membre
Asczdv

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 21:04

I was being rude to Jag, it's not about that Smile

Razz YOU SPOKE IN FRENCH... WAIT FOR THE SMATTINATOR...
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 EmptyJeu 5 Juin 2014 - 21:05

Mauvaizherbe a écrit:
Super Poulet a écrit:
Smatt14 a écrit:

Super Poulet is sooo jealous !!! Krkrkrkkrkrkr

I'm more like a cape crusader here  ninjaonion 
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! - Page 6 Empty

Let's speak english !
Page 6 sur 8Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant