- LE FORUM DONT TU ES LE HEROS -

QG de sa grand-mère la chouette croisée son grand-père l'hippocampe. Repaire qui gère sa fougère. Sanctuaire du mitigé cochon-d'inde.
Espace d'entraide, communauté ouverte et soudée, lieu de discussions en tous genres.

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
TV LED 32” Continental Edison CELED32SAHD24B3
Voir le deal
139.99 €

Let's speak english !

+7
Jag
-Hamster-
Kid.
Super Poulet
FeuilleDeMetal
Momo17
Cydonia
11 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

Let's speak english ! Empty
MessageSujet: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 18:52

Ce topic sera l'occasion de pratiquer un peu son anglais en discutant de tout et de rien avec les autres membres du forum. Aucun niveau n'est requis (je suis moi-même très très loin d'être billingue), donc tout le monde peut participer.

* espère que ce topic ne va pas faire un bide. *

Dernière édition par Cydonia le Mar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:01, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Momo17
Membre
Momo17

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 19:43

How are you? Let's speak english ! 364988687
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 20:39

I'm OK to participate in your topic. I have one single question for everyone passing by: if you have ever had problems to learn English, what are these?
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:00

Citation :
How are you?
Fine, thanks :p . And you ? What's up ?

Nainvité a écrit:
I'm OK to participate in your topic. I have one single question for everyone passing by: if you have ever had problems to learn English, what are these?
Ok, thank you. I think I have read you talking about classes. Are you a teacher or anything like that ?
I think that the most important problems I have are related to my english speaking. I have a very poor pronunciation and I have some difficulties to find my words. I am aware that my writing english is neither very well, but the worst is my speaking. Phrasal verbs are quite difficult too.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:15

Cydonia a écrit:
Citation :
How are you?

Nainvité a écrit:
Ok, thank you. I think I have read you talking about classes. Are you a teacher or anything like that ?
I think that the most important problems I have are related to my english speaking. I have a very poor pronunciation and I have some difficulties to find my words. I am aware that my writing english is neither very well, but the worst is my speaking. Phrasal verbs are quite difficult too.
I am no teacher, even though I regularly help children or teenagers improve their English. Don't worry about your pronunciation: as long as you correctly pronounce dipthongs and use stresses as well for words as for sentences, it will be OK, do not try to do more, for native English-speaking people rarely ask for more.

Finding your words can be easy, really. What you need is reading and listening about things you like/love, with your dictionary nearby. Starting with things you like always makes it easier. Then, you can go on with more difficult stuff, like magazine or newspapers articles, and finally books. It will probably take quite a lot of time, but don't worry, I'm sure it can work if you hang in.

Phrasal verbs? Unfortunately, I have no tips to give, for it's something quite complicated: there is often no way to guess instantly what they mean... to say the truth, I find them hard too. Wink
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:27

This thread's a good idea. To be honest I'm far from being fluent at English but as an engineer it nearly became my first language. Whenever you need help or need to contribute to any programming project, English is mandatory. Remember that this is a very good way to read English a lot ! Of course, speaking is another story...

Nainvité a écrit:

The hardest problem I have may be grammar. I always have troubles choosing between present perfect or past perfect, that kind of thing. It pretty comes naturally but I'm never sure if this is, or not, the right choice.

And, of course, speaking. Reading, writing is no problem. Speaking... sad
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:29

(Je speak trop good english moi!)
(voilà, you're welcome !)
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:30

Enicahx a écrit:
(Je speak trop good english moi!)
(voilà, you're welcome !)

Let me be your teacher.
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:32

Nainvité a écrit:
Cydonia a écrit:
Citation :
How are you?

Nainvité a écrit:
I am no teacher, even though I regularly help children or teenagers improve their English. Don't worry about your pronunciation: as long as you correctly pronounce dipthongs and use stresses as well for words as for sentences, it will be OK, do not try to do more, for native English-speaking people rarely ask for more.

Finding your words can be easy, really. What you need is reading and listening about things you like/love, with your dictionary nearby. Starting with things you like always makes it easier. Then, you can go on with more difficult stuff, like magazine or newspapers articles, and finally books. It will probably take quite a lot of time, but don't worry, I'm sure it can work if you hang in.

Phrasal verbs? Unfortunately, I have no tips to give, for it's something quite complicated: there is often no way to guess instantly what they mean... to say the truth, I find them hard too. Wink

Ok, do you give lessons as a volunteer ? Have you travelled a lot to have such a fluent english ?
I can easily read articles in English, but the problem comes when I have to express myself. Since a few months, I have learned some vocabulary, but I don't succeed to use what I have found out and I don't know how to overcome that problem.
Anyway, even in French I have some difficulties to find my words, so that make sense I have the same in English.
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:40

FeuilleDeMetal a écrit:
This thread's a good idea. To be honest I'm far from being fluent at English but as an engineer it nearly became my first language. Whenever you need help or need to contribute to any programming project, English is mandatory. Remember that this is a very good way to read English a lot ! Of course, speaking is another story...

Nainvité a écrit:

The hardest problem I have may be grammar. I always have troubles choosing between present perfect or past perfect, that kind of thing. It pretty comes naturally but I'm never sure if this is, or not, the right choice.

Did you spend a year abroad during your studies ? I have heard that it was compulsory for students in most engeneer schools...

Dernière édition par Cydonia le Mar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:41, édité 1 fois
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:41

Cydonia a écrit:
FeuilleDeMetal a écrit:

Nainvité a écrit:

Did you spend a year abroad during your studies ? I have heard that was compulsory for students in most of the engeneer schools...

I spent three months abroad but it was not really an English-speaking country... (well, kind of, but not "the english of the queen greenface").
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:43

FeuilleDeMetal a écrit:
Cydonia a écrit:
FeuilleDeMetal a écrit:

Nainvité a écrit:

Did you spend a year abroad during your studies ? I have heard that was compulsory for students in most of the engeneer schools...

I spent three months abroad but it was not really an English-speaking country... (well, kind of, but not "the english of the queen greenface").

And in which country did you go ?
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:48

Malaysia =). They speak an over-simplified English so it's not really the correct way to learn it.
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:53

FeuilleDeMetal a écrit:
Malaysia =). They speak an over-simplified English so it's not really the correct way to learn it.
Oh very exotic ! Is Malaysia a great country ? Do you have any good memories about that country ?
You are very lucky, I would have loved spending some months abroad during my studies, even if it would had been in Switzerland.
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 21:56

Cydonia a écrit:
FeuilleDeMetal a écrit:
Oh very exotic ! Is Malaysia a great country ? Do you have any good memories about that country ?
You are very lucky, I would have loved spending some months abroad during my studies, even if it would had been in Switzerland.

Nope, I did not really like this country. It's much different from any other Asian countries that may be surrounding it. Malaysia is a perfect example of why I think multi-cultural societies is really bad. This country have absolutely no identity.

But well, apart from this, the countryside is quite beautiful to see, and it has some awesome beaches
Spoiler:
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 22:04

Oh ok, I admit I don't know that country very much.
At least, as you were on the asian continent you may have visited some surrounded countries, have'nt you ?
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 22:05

Cydonia a écrit:
Oh ok, I admit I don't know that country very much.
At least, as you were on the asian continent you may have visited any surrounded countries, have'nt you ?

Yup, I've been to China, Singapour and Japan. Maylasia is not a well-known country, it's a bit a strange country. I think other asian countries are much more interesting than this one Smile.

And you ? Never went to Asia ?
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 22:09

Wow you are too fast to reply..

Unfortunately I have never been in Asia. Actually, I have never been outside the European continent. Poland is the furthest country I went to.

I have to go. Have a nice end of evening.
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 22:23

There are tons of outstanding stuff in Europe too =). I'd love to go to Poland too... I've heard Cracow is a nice city, did you go there ?

(Ok, see you greenface)
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 22:27

Hello there jag

I'm going to Cracow in september, already gone there SheetOfMetal ?
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 22:28

SheetOfMetal lolilol. No SuperChicken, but I've heard lot of people saying it was a really beautiful city. Going there with school ?
Super Poulet
Membre
Super Poulet

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 22:33

No, with friends. We are planning to do a trek in the mountains between Poland & Slovakia. Then we go 3 days to Cracow to visit and for partying. Have your friends talked about interesting things in Cracow?
FeuilleDeMetal
Membre
FeuilleDeMetal

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMar 7 Mai 2013 - 23:03

No, it's not like I have a tons of friends... =) But I mean, the city, the architecture, i've heard it's nice, so it's just a matter of walking in the streets Smile.
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 9:53

FeuilleDeMetal a écrit:
There are tons of outstanding stuff in Europe too =). I'd love to go to Poland too... I've heard Cracow is a nice city, did you go there ?

(Ok, see you greenface)

Yes, sure, but it would be great to tell myself "I have been in another continent".
I went to Poland when I was about 10, so I don't even remember in which town we went to. My strenghtest memories are : Aushwitz, flowered gravestones, and amputee people who beg in the street... Ah, and, and pigeons we were allowed to feed. But otherwise it must be a beautiful country.

For the moment, I would love going k in Germany again. I went to this country last year, and I have been keen on the architecture and the general mood.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 9:53

Cydonia a écrit:
Nainvité a écrit:
Cydonia a écrit:
Citation :
How are you?

Nainvité a écrit:

Ok, do you give lessons as a volunteer ? Have you travelled a lot to have such a fluent english ?
I can easily read articles in English, but the problem comes when I have to express myself. Since a few months, I have learned some vocabulary, but I don't succeed to use what I have found out and I don't know how to overcome that problem.
Anyway, even in French I have some difficulties to find my words, so that make sense I have the same in English.
No, I get paid for it (food ain't free!). Unfortunately, I have never set the faintest foot in an English-speaking country, no matter how amazing it may seem.

Your problem seems to have do to with a lot of things... but English. When you are afraid to talk, it happens in every language. I'm sure you know far more words than you think, but since you're afraid to talk, you keep them locked up in your mind. Do you know about this song by the Smiths, "Ask me"? At the beginning, you can hear these words:

"Coyness is nice, and
Coyness can stop you
From saying all the things in
Life you'd like to"

Feel free to speak, no matter what language you use, nobody expects great things from you. Wink
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 9:57

Super Poulet a écrit:
No, with friends. We are planning to do a trek in the mountains between Poland & Slovakia. Then we go 3 days to Cracow to visit and for partying. Have your friends talked about interesting things in Cracow?

Oh great ! And how long would last your trip ?
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 10:01

Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 10:12

Nainvité a écrit:

No, I get paid for it (food ain't free!). Unfortunately, I have never set the faintest foot in an English-speaking country, no matter how amazing it may seem.

Your problem seems to have do to with a lot of things... but English. When you are afraid to talk, it happens in every language. I'm sure you know far more words than you think, but since you're afraid to talk, you keep them locked up in your mind. Do you know about this song by the Smiths, "Ask me"? At the beginning, you can hear these words:

"Coyness is nice, and
Coyness can stop you
Life you'd like to"

Feel free to speak, no matter what language you use, nobody expects great things from you. Wink

Believe me, english food is far from being great. A lot of grease and few taste.. (or maybe you were joking Sweat ?)
If my memory serves me correctly, you have litterature studies, haven't you ? So your level in English may come from your studies.

Thanks for your advice, but in fact I'm a little bit blocked and it's tough for me to be at ease. Anyway, nevermind, this is not the subject of the topic.

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 10:28

Cydonia a écrit:
Nainvité a écrit:

"Coyness is nice, and
Coyness can stop you
Life you'd like to"

Believe me, english food is far from being great. A lot of grease and few taste.. (or maybe you were joking Sweat ?)
If my memory serves me correctly, you have litterature studies, haven't you ? So your level in English may come from your studies.

Thanks for your advice, but in fact I'm a little bit blocked and it's tough for me to be at ease. Anyway, nevermind, this is not the subject of the topic.

Four years and a half in a dark and dirty university, in the middle of a no man's land... but the diploma I eventually got is worth nothing. pense
Cydonia
Membre
Cydonia

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! EmptyMer 8 Mai 2013 - 10:42

Nainvité a écrit:

Four years and a half in a dark and dirty university, in the middle of a no man's land... but the diploma I eventually got is worth nothing. pense
At least, you may be a culturate people. It's a pity that graduate students from litterature are not valorised at all. Even if your studies are not directely bount to the compagnies, you may have some strenghts that other graduates in management/engeenering don't have. I have heard that was a little bit different in english-speaking countries and that graduate students from litterature may easier find a job.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Let's speak english !   Let's speak english ! Empty

Let's speak english !
Page 1 sur 8Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant